Thursday, April 2, 2009

HALF A WORLD AWAY

Moon Streaks
Listen to HALF A WORLD AWAY by REM.

I'm decidedly not a fan of REM. But I try to not be dogmatic about these things, and this track started showing up on my iPhone a few months ago, and I kept listening to it. In fact, I like this song a lot.

It certainly reminds me of being a teenager -- everybody had this record, whether they were just hearing REM for the first time or they thought the band had finally sold out. But I wouldn't be still playing it just for nostalgia -- it's a good tune, a good album track.

Home

2 comments:

John said...

I've had a little REM kick of late myself. I sure do love the Out of Time album, although this track reminds me of the Autocrapic for the People sissyness.

bill said...

to each his own. i don't mind automatic for the people as long as i don't hear it much