Tuesday, September 23, 2008

JUST ONE MORE


Listen to JUST ONE MORE by George Jones.

Probably country music's greatest singer (and what a title that is to have, even if it is contested), George Jones could sing the phonebook and I'd download it. With 84-zillion albums, he probably has at some point.

For whatever reason, Just One More is just about my favorite George Jones song.

On the page (screen?), a line like "One drink / just one more /and then another" doesn't sound particularly superlative, but to me George makes it sound like the cleverest and saddest thing I've ever heard.

Photo: Estes Park rodeo (2).

Home

3 comments:

Lady Beekeeper said...

Where is you banner taken?

bill said...

decided to change it up a little this week--that's roman nose state park!

Lady Beekeeper said...

I should have recognized it!

You need to take Amy to Scott Mountain.