Friday, September 19, 2008

PLEASE TELL MY BROTHER


Listen to PLEASE TELL MY BROTHER by Golden Smog.

Ok, Laura here. I am honored to be invited to be a guest blogger! So, all of this Elliott Smith sure is depressing. Don't get me wrong, I like it. But it is really taking me back to 1999 and all of the similar music that was being played by me and around me every waking hour (literally!). It especially reminds me of Wilco's underrated, in my opinion, Summerteeth, one of the two albums I had in my car that fall when I was commuting 45 minutes to work. So Summerteeth reminds me of Jeff Tweedy's little side project Golden Smog - which I believe is what rock dorks call a "Supergroup". So, here is a very sweet little song by Tweedy circa 1999: pensive, but not as morbidly depressing as Elliott Smith. I think the lyrics are especially enjoyable.

Photo: Hill country.

Home

2 comments:

Lady Beekeeper said...

Where in Hill Country is the photo?

Laura said...

This picture was taken right around Austin.