Wednesday, July 11, 2007

ABBA ZABBA

ABBA ZABBA by Captain Beefheart.

Here's another great track that nevertheless should be nowhere near a dancefloor, especially not at a wedding reception, where it's inadvisable to really challenge the dancers.

Still, I can see what flashed in my mind when I flagged it. It's got an immediately recognizable, loose, fast beat, catchy, fun. So far so good. What I completely missed was the 20-30 seconds of bass noodling after only a minute. So any momentum you would conceivably have built up in the first minute (already unlikely) would be completely lost right away. So no Beefheart at the wedding...

LISTEN.

Photo: Lobster gear on Islesford (2).

Home

2 comments:

uncle billy said...

Just gettin back from Spains' awesome against mad Jens. While there I referred to Captain Beefheart and two guys, who should know better(one who lived the sixties) SHOULD KNOW INDEED! Couldn't remember so listended. Did I miss the connection to Zappa? Gotta be...

uncle billy said...

Or should I say, Spains' awesome WIN etc..