Sunday, July 22, 2007

Lazy Sunday afternoon

It's been a while since I've updated my reading list, in part because I've been busy enough at the other place and in part because I haven't read much since the last time I updated. Three books, I think, the best being "Istanbul: Memories and the City" by Orhan Pamuk. An extremely engaging memoir. An honest memoir is an exhilarating and harrowing experience, that's the main thing I learned.

But today we can report the end of the Harry Potter sage here at HLIT central. Martin had bought Amy a copy for her birthday, but then we quickly realized (and later had confirmed) that Amy would have inevitably bought her own copy in Las Vegas. So, not wanting the gift to go to waste and disappoint the little mutt, I read her a few chapters, and just kept going. We put it down not 20 minutes ago. I won't say how it ended, but the whole country will probably be finishing their copy within hours, if not already, so there's no need anyway!

Beautiful weather today, enjoy it! Tonight we're going to see the last Rivals show (at least the last one with the full band!), at Cake Shop.

Home

1 comment:

soonergooner said...

Sounds like a great way to spend a day. Did you let Martin frolic in the dog run, while reading? Down here, the goon decided Sun to be no day of rest, to attack the WALL!
I feel like I have survived a late awakening to Harry Potter, reading books 1-7 at one sitting. WHEW! Good news, stonework 98% DONE! Now to figure out how to keep the pond from becoming a sludgepit.. Hope everyone make it back OK from LV... Off to buy more rocks for my brain.