Wednesday, September 5, 2007

LORD HELP ME

LORD HELP ME by Donny Hathaway.

As I've picked back up music blogging here on the sly, I feel like I'm only writing for an audience of one (or maybe three: Hi Mom & Dad!), so I'm not as concerned about picking any particular theme this week. This week's theme is "songs I've been listening to lately." Unless it becomes something different on Friday.

Lord Help Me was something that was bouncing around in my head a lot the week or two before the wedding, which was at least amusing because I certainly felt comfortable with everything going on. But privately amusing, because I wasn't going to risk bringing it up. Both because I didn't want to be put on the couch just then, and also because who wants to spurn help wherever it comes from? Plus, it's got a great communal vibe to it with those backing vocals that I was hoping would be there for the wedding itself--it helped me get in the mood.

Anyway the main reason for listening to it is a) it's a great song, and b) I'm pretty sure Soul Sides had only recently posted it--in any event it only just got put on my radar. I hope you enjoy it too, now that it's on your radar.

LISTEN.

Photo: Scaffolding.

Home

2 comments:

soonergooner said...

The obigatory, hey, here. At the risk of being too copist, you'll never walk alone! Got a Pavarotti linky today? RIP.

bill said...

Hey! i don't have much pavarotti unfortunately, just a couple of recordings of the ave maria. plus a brazilian baile funk tune called "pavarotti" that i'm listening to now.