Friday, May 2, 2008

A LETTER TO ELISE


Listen to A LETTER TO ELISE by The Cure.

Jason dropping in.

Three events conspired to create this post.

1. A photo from my past emerged on Facebook. Probably 1992 during a time that John Lennon would describe as a sort of personal "lost weekend". That year had me listening to a lot of bands like the Cure and that year saw them release my favourite song of theirs: this one.

2. Bill posted a Fred Neil piece with a link to his best known song (Harry Nilsson's Everybody's Talking) which was one of my favourite road tunes of my European travels that same year (and since). Fred Neil was also a big part of John Lennon's own lost weekend.

3. Bill sent me an email 15 minutes ago (at time of writing) saying: Blog much?

I don't know if this is a popular choice amongst the dark army of Cure fans. And its not like Robert Smith waivers from his usual themes of love, loss and introspection. But I like it.

Image: From xkcd (with thanks) - "A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language"

Home

No comments: