Tuesday, October 14, 2008

BLUE RIVER


Listen to BLUE RIVER by Eric Anderson.

Blue River is a song that is capable of getting stuck in my head for days at a time. Frankly, I'm not sure that's any sort of qualification for posting it here, and in fact it means I've been pretty annoyed with this little tune more than once.

Here's another thing that might sound like a good thing: "Along with Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks and Joni Mitchell's Blue, it is a defining moment for the singer/songwriter genre." That's from Amazon. Frankly, I'm not so sure. There's something about that statement that's annoying to me. Like the whole "singer/songwriter" genre, and that they've put Bob in it. I think maybe they should put James Taylor, Jim Croce, and Eric Anderson in a singer/songwriter bottle and only let them out once a year. I guess today will do for this year.

Photo: Fun fronts (2).

Home

1 comment:

Laura said...

ha ha this cracked me up! Have you seen this new James Taylor commercial for his new album of I think covers, where they gush about "the best singer songwriter of our time and his legendary voice"?!!!