Monday, October 6, 2008

MOUSE


Listen to MOUSE by Lambert & Nuttycombe.

There's a long back story with this track that will be of very little interest to anyone, but this album by this duo, Lambert & Nuttycombe, landed in my iTunes a year or two ago and I've been champing at the bit to post something from it for a long time. The thing is, I wanted to do it as part of an ambitious two-week series on Northern Californian folk rock, but I haven't been able to put it together. On top of that, Corbett was aware of this album too, and wanted to do his own series. But he couldn't fill it out either. Meanwhile this fantastic song (one of many) wasn't being shared.

So I give up, I'm playing it for you today. Despite the exciting buildup, there are no fireworks on this song. It's very short, and very soothing. But like the album it's taken from, "At Home," it's so well-constructed and so out of nowhere (Dennis and Craig were also alums of the West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band, itself not exactly a world-famous band) that I really root enjoyfor it.

Photo: In repose (1).

Home