Thursday, October 2, 2008

Spare a thought

Hi! I have two incongruent points to this quick post. First, to thank Laura for an excellent week of songs. Every time I've had a guest blogger I've been kind of embarassed by how big an improvement they are over the regular fare and it's been no different this week. She's got one more in the queue for tomorrow and then I'll be back muddling through next week.

Second, we were over in London this week, and while visiting the British Museum we saw a bunch of beautiful selections from India, particularly from the complex in Halebid. I remembered that I had included a few photos from my trip to India not too long ago, including a photo from Halebid, and was a little regretful I didn't give a little more context for the photos. Now I see upon our return that there's been an awful stampede at the Mehrangarh Fort in Jodphur. I can attest to the steepness of the approach and I can see how dangerous it could get. We had a picture from the Fort too, coincidentally a memorial to others who died at the Fort. Spare a thought for their families.

Home

3 comments:

Laura said...

well, thanks bill. Glad you enjoyed an thanks for letting me guest blog. I have a new respect for all your posts-- it is hard work!

Corbett said...

I think Laura need her own "Amigo" photo...

bill said...

i agree. need five minutes to do it....