Tuesday, December 16, 2008

GIRA

Designed By Committee
Listen to GIRA by Vanessinha & Alessandra.

In 2005 we had a new dog (hence the cover), plus my sister was living at our apartment and so we all got a vote as to what was on or off the Christmas CD (hence the title).

2005 was also the year that baile funk really broke out into the quasi-mainstream (thanks M.I.A. and Diplo!), so there were a whole lot of tunes, such as Gira, that all of a sudden were available for download. I kinda doubt Gira was even recorded in 2005, but I don't know the slightest thing about it except it's super catchy and over in two minutes. And that it was voted on the holiday mix, of course...

Photo: 2005: Designed by Committee.

Home

1 comment:

uncle billy said...

Glad to see some of the earlier mixes? Don't know if I have heard all of them.

Merry Christmas!