Friday, February 16, 2007

GOD BLESS AMERICA FOR WHAT


GOD BLESS AMERICA FOR WHAT by Swamp Dogg.

Swamp Dogg is a legend. Let him tell you:

Without any formal training I awakened one morning only to find that I was a genius and could master a number of musical instruments including piano, tambourine, sticks, finger cymbals, tweezers, washboard and bobby pin. ... I owe all my present success to a very dear person, someone who stuck by me when things were really bad and has never made a motion to harm me or my talents in any way. A person whom I love, worship and admire beyond any shadow of a doubt - ME!!!
God Bless America For What is another funny, bitter political song written by Swamp Dogg. The title once again gives you the gist of the song. It's from his second album, "Rat On!"

The cover of that album was deemed by the Grauniad to be one of the ten worst album covers of all time. Maybe so, but I have a theory that it also, along with Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove, may have inspired Nick in the design of our save the date cards. Go past the jump to judge for yourself!




LISTEN.

Photo: In the middle.

Home

No comments: