Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I DON'T WANT TO BE PRESIDENT


I DON'T WANT TO BE PRESIDENT by Johnny "Guitar" Watson.

Today's offering is, apropos of nothing in particular, a little more light-hearted. I Don't Want To Be President is a chance for Johnny "Guitar" Watson to muse on, well, why he doesn't want to be President. (Sample lyric: "I'd got to have someone taste my cognac before I could take a drink.") People it's bad. (Being President, not the song.) The song isn't much of a "blues," in the style of all of Watson's late period offerings, but it does have a blues guitar solo! (possibly the first guitar solo of this blog's young life?) So if you ever wanted to hear The Ladies Man do political commentary, this is the tune for you.

Also, Happy Valentine's Day! Have a good Wednesday.

LISTEN.

Photo: Ringed in white.

Home

No comments: