Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Paint the ceiling, part 3

I'm starting to figure out what we've gotten ourselves into with this ceiling, and it's putting me in a foul mood. Not really, but maybe it should. Today I finally got all of the paint removed from the ceiling, which means the hard part can start! We're left with a pretty dinged-up plaster ceiling over the concrete, which means I'll have to apply a skim coat. I obviously don't know how that's going to go, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be bad. The big question I have in my head is whether I'm going to have to do any sanding before I move on to the primer and the painting. Let's hope not, because XX hours holding a sander over one's head is not fun. So I'm pretty sure I will. (On the plus (?) side, our living room has never felt so large as it does at the moment!)

Home

3 comments:

Corbett said...

Man, I feel bad for you...Do you need some help?

bill said...

ah, I appreciate it. So far as long as I know what I need to do I can do it myself. But I'm not sure about the plastering (yet). Today I think I'm gonna clean up the whole place and relay drop cloths so it's a little less oppressive around the place.

Anonymous said...

Invest in one of those ladders that allow you to stand (wide steps). They don't cost that much and it will make the job go easier. Maybe the super already has one.

Who knows, this could turn into a vocation!

Love, Mom