Thursday, November 1, 2007

Grow a Mo for Prostate Cancer

Here occasionally we like to do things for a good cause. This month our friend Jason is spearheading a funny way to raise money for prostate cancer research. He's even got Bob Dylan helping him out. Check out the video and I'll include his appeal below the fold. I've pitched in a couple of bucks but I'm balking at growing a moustache of my own, mainly because I like being married!




[From Jason:]

During Movember (the month formerly known as November) many brothers will be growin a Mo (slang for Moustache) for The Prostate Cancer Charity.

Why...

- Prostate cancer is now the most common cancer diagnosed in men in the U.K. with at least one man dying every hour from the disease.

- One man in 11 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime in the U.K.

As perhaps the most clean-shaven man you know, I would like to take up the challenge but I need your support.

A 'tache for cash - if you like.

And I've roped in a little help from my good friend - Mr Bob Dylan!

You can pledge your sponsorship to this great cause by going to http://www.movember.com/uk/donate, entering my registration number which is 120094 and your credit card details.

Or you can sponsor me by cheque made payable to "The Prostate Cancer Charity" clearly marking the donation as being for my Registration Number: 120094. *

Many thanks
Jason

*Please mail cheques to: The Prostate Cancer Charity, ATT: Movember, First Floor, Cambridge House, 100 Cambridge Grove, Hammersmith, London W6 0LE.

All donations are made directly to The Prostate Cancer Charity which will use the money to fund high quality research into the causes, treatment and impact of prostate cancer and to provide support and information to men and their families.

Home

No comments: