Thursday, January 17, 2008

YOUR GENERATION

Listen to YOUR GENERATION by Generation X.

Your Generation is another "important" punk rock song that also happens to be fun to listen to.

Two good facts about Your Generation, one not very well known, one even less well known. One, Your Generation is sung by the lead singer of Generation X. Obviously. That lead singer's name was Billy Idol. Most people that grew up on MTV don't realize that Billy Idol was once a legit punk rocker.

The even less well known fact is that our buddy Bayou Chris once said that Your Generation was "the most important song of all time." Fact.

Photo: Empire State Building series, #4 (New Yrs Eve '07).

Home

6 comments:

Corbett said...

Problem is, I also recall him saying that about Husker Du...adn Lucinda Williams...and Elliott Smith...

Anonymous said...

I prefer Skinny Chris to Bayou Chris. Even when he is wrong.

Anonymous said...

btw, 7 of your past 8 postings have come at 12:01 am. i snicker at your dorkiness.


or is it mine for noticing?

bill said...

is it dorky? may be so. i've been writing them the night before lately, so instead of posting at 11:15 on wednesday, say, i'll just set it to post at 12:01 thursday. the next one will be the same way because it's jason's, he's written it and will be on a plane to oz when it goes up.

Anonymous said...

I was gonna comment that it could not have been set that way because then, why would some not be at 12:01. I guess nothing dictates that you have to finish prior to midnite.

And since this is a music blog, I am surprised it took you until the second week for Wire. I was sure it was gonna be a first week item.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear you have set these to post at 12:01. I honestly worried about you staying up too late. Given you age, I think I should win the dorkiness award.